Theme 2: Pathway Risk Management
Research in the Pathway Risk Management theme aims to reduce risks along importation pathways by developing and implementing new management tools.
Current priorities for this B3 theme include the development of:
- New and improved tools to measure and reduce the risks associated with important pathways; and
- Information for decision-making on the use and efficacy of mitigation options, to verify that appropriate application of treatments or systems has occurred.
Current research in this theme includes:
- New tools and techniques for border inspections;
- New and improved mitigation methods (including treatments);
- Comparison of risks from soil on different pathways;
- Assessing biosecurity risks in a systems context;
- New and improved use of offshore mitigation measures and border treatments for imports; and
- Verification of compliance.